Repatriation / Burial Dead Bodies
The Embassy assists in repatriation/burial of human remains of Sri Lankan nationals, who pass away in Abu Dhabi on request by the Next-of-Kin (NOK) of the deceased consenting for the same by an affidavit.
If the NOK is from Sri Lanka, the affidavit should be submitted to the Consular Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Colombo or Reginald Consular office or Divisional Secretariat for onward transmission to the Embassy for attending formalities.
If the NOK is residing in UAE, the Affidavit can be signed at the Embassy with submission of required documents to prove the relationship to the deceased.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR REPATRIATION OR BURIAL OF HUMAN REMAINS
- Duly signed Affidavit by the NOK consenting to repatriate/burry the human remains
- Duly filled Application for Issuance of NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE (NOC) if a Company/Agency is applying for repatriation/burial of human remains
- Original Death Certificate issued by the Health Authority of Abu Dhabi/Al Ain, UAE together with its English/Arabic translation attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of UAE.
- Original Passport of the deceased after cancellation of residence visa in UAE.
- Visa cancellation paper issued by UAE Immigration Department.
- A copy of the Emirates Identity Card of the deceased
- A copy of the Labour Identity Card cancellation paper.
- A copy of the Police Report
- Flight details regarding the dispatch of human remains to Sri Lanka
- AED 50.00 as fee for registration of the death at the Embassy.
- Any other documents as required by the Embassy.
FEES/OTHER CHARGES FOR REPATRIATION OR BURIAL OF HUMAN REMAINS
|Death Registration||AED 50/-|